Our Classroom Experience
Time to reflect and think individually, in small groups and as a whole class
Hands on activities where you DO science
Frustration and a desire to say “I don’t know” and give up especially at the beginning of a unit.
A greater sense of accomplishment knowing YOU figured it out.
A connection between what we study and the world around you. “Real life connections”
A learning community where you work with your peers to develop understanding.
1) Respect your classmates, your teacher, your self and the classroom.
2) Follow directions
3) Use electronic devices appropriately.
* Electronic devices are a privilege used to enhance learning. You will be instructed as to when it is an appropriate time to use your device. If the device becomes a distraction to yourself or others, you will be asked to put it away. Failure to do so will result in the device being confiscated for the class period.
4) Do not cheat, plagiarize, or copy work.
* Cheating is completely unacceptable. I will not accept any work copied from another classmate. Plagiarism is completely unacceptable. If you plagiarize on any assignment you will earn a “0” on that assignment with no opportunity to redo the work for credit.
5) No food or drink in the classroom during laboratory experiences.
* I will let you know the day before if we will be doing an experiment or a lab that requires chemicals or special equipment. On those days, food and drink will not be allowed in the classroom due to safety concerns.